Thursday 10 November 2011

Late update ^_^'

Well I'm back from the depth of school work. I couldn't update my blog due to mountains of school projects I had to finish.

To start off with this late update. I'll post a gallery of pics of my newly assembled MG Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode.




I enjoyed the build a lot and it was fun. It is visually appealing due to the fact that it has an awesome design adding to that are the inclusion of the chrome plated parts with the "wings of light" effect parts. Another great fun-factor of this kit is the very articulate frame a great set of weapons and effect parts, that are only available in this special edition.

But as with all kits that I've built over the years, this one also has some bad points. My major complaints with this kit is the fact that the hip mechanism doesn't really work that well, poor gate placement on the chrome parts, and a few loose armor  pieces.  In my first major complaint, when I was posing the Destiny, the lock for the "hip extension" doesn't want to stay locked every time you would try to move the legs. Though it is not very visible in my gallery, the chrome parts have very bad gates on the plates when you cut them off. These will be very visible and it will affect the visual appeal to the kit. These are most notably seen on the knees and elbows  As for the loose armor pieces, the one which usually pop-off are the front skirt armors, the black pieces on the side skirt armors and the part that connects the grip of the cannon to the cannon's body. remedied this by using plastic cement on the black parts and placing a little bit of superglue on to the walls of the socket for the front skirt armor.

I only have a few minor complaints with this kit which is just the somewhat fragile connection of the cannon's grip, requires a bit more painting here-and-there and that I received two identical wing effect parts. (Same curve and contours)
As you could see. The right wing's effect part is curved forward. It should have looked like the on the left wing, curved backwards.
Overall, I loved this kit just because it looks awesome and has a ton of gimmicks. Posing it on your shelf would definitely be an eye-catcher. Just be patient when posing it to your desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment